She claims she returned to the hospital with stomach pains the day but was told she just had a stomach ache and constipation and was sent home.
By Renea Dennison, Contributor Visiting your doctor can be stressful, especially when you don’t feel well or are worried about your condition. It can be hard to remember everything you wanted to ask and understand what you are told in the short time you have with your physician. PREPARE Before going to your appointment, prepare […]
Here are some examples of questions to ask:
- What are my different treatment options? What outcomes should I expect from each, and what side effects?
- Are there any alternatives? Can we revisit this later? Is there anything I can do on my own to improve my condition?
- Will this medication interact with any others I am taking? Please spell the name of the drug.
- Why do I need this test? How safe is it? When will I get my results? How much will it cost me?
- How experienced are you at this diagnosis? Should I get a second opinion?
- Is there anything I should have asked that I have not asked?
If you follow your physician’s orders and have side effects, or your symptoms worsen, contact your doctor immediately. You should also check in with your doctor if you receive any new prescriptions, take new over the counter medications, and to get your test results. Do not assume test results were good because you have not heard from your doctor.
Take your medications, undergo tests, and follow your doctor’s orders as closely as possible. If he/she recommends something too difficult for you, such as losing weight or stopping smoking, go back and ask for help. Following your doctor’s recommendations is the best way to get good results. If you decide your doctor is wrong, then get a second opinion. Don’t just ignore them. Your health is too important.
Century Health Solutions is a subsidiary of Stormont Vail Health, Topeka and provides free Medicare Educational Seminars. We are your local expert in Medicare insurance planning and will help you find the best option for your personal situation. Call us at 785-270-4593 with questions or to sign up for a free seminar. Our business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
(Source: techcrunch.com) Apple has made great strides in health in the last few years and if it gets its way, there will be an iPad in the hands of every hospital patient. It’s already started with a smattering of hospitals around the U.S. including Jacobs Medical Center at UC San Diego, MetroSouth Medical Center in […]